|Statue of Liberty|
|Episode Number Dvd||09|
|Directed By||Tom Sito|
|Story By||Candace Howerton|
|Written By||Candace Howerton|
J. Larry Carroll
|Date First Aired||09/17/1986|
Brat-A-Rat (non-speaking role)
Ghost Command ItemsEdit
In this episode the Ghostbusters come to visit the Statue Of Liberty as the City of New York welcomes new American citizens, one of which is Grandpa Kong. However, Prime Evil makes plans to take out the statue and replace it with a statue of himself.
- Statue of Liberty was the first script written for this series. The five part story that introduces the characters wasn't written until halfway through production.
- The Stairs scene looks a lot like a scene in Sony's Ghostbusters film.
- Supernatural hijinks with the Statue of Liberty would later form a plot point in Ghostbusters II.
- Mysteria's spectral attack on Eddie would later be reused verbatim--to the point of Tracy using the Ghost Gummer to save Eddie--in another FGB episode, except for replacing Mysteria with a generic orange ghost.
- The "Standard Filmation Octopus" makes an appearance here.
- It is initially unclear whether or not the FGB Ghostbusters are actually based in New York City. The "twin towers" Ghost Command sits under would seem to make it obvious, but their use of the Ghostbuggy's Flight Mode slightly muddies the issue. (Then again, we all know what New York City traffic is like...) The Series Bible's indication that the FGB team operates from California seems to clarify this confusion.
- Clips from this episode were used in the Ghostbusters Promo Pilot.
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|Wacky Wax Museum||Dvd Order||The Ransom Of Eddie Spenser|