|Father Knows Beast|
|Episode Number Dvd||60|
|Directed By||Bill Nunes|
|Written By||Earl Kress|
|Date First Aired||11/28/1986|
Father Knows Beast
Belfry (moral only)
Prime Evil (mentioned only)
Ghost Command ItemsEdit
Skelevision (moral only)
The Ghostbusters get a call from young Willy in Scotland asking for help against Slort, King of the Trolls. Confusingly, Willy claimed that the Ghostbusters had busted Slort before but Jake and Eddie can't remember. Eventually they find out that it was their fathers who busted Slort, 40 years earlier.
- The Ghost Busters Car, now called Old Ghost Buggy, returns in this one episode, however it talks and can fly like the Ghost Buggy.
- Slort was busted by the Ghostbusters 40 years ago, meaning that Jake Kong Sr. and Eddie Spenser Sr. have been busting ghosts since 1946. It also implies that Tracy the Gorilla had not joined the team yet at that point as Slort and Tracy have no recollection of each other.
- The equipment in the episode from the Sr. Ghostbusters included: Ghost Kit, Ghost Post, Spellbreaker Mirror, and Ecto-Magnetizer (with which they caught the ghost).
- Slort in a way makes a stab at the Sony versus Filmation with the term REAL Ghostbusters, also being the name of Sony's Ghostbusters.
- In the original shooting script (presented as a PDF on the second boxed set), after the transformation sequence, the Ghostbusters were supposed to drop into the wrong seats in Ghost Buggy, then bounce back up and land in their proper places. This is why Ghost Buggy says "What do I look like, a trampoline?" However, in the finished episode the usual stock animation is used and the trampoline line makes little sense.
- In the shooting script, Slort uses the following magical chant to summon up the storm winds, which was cut from the finished episode:
"Winds that howl and storms that crash, all that's evil, now report! This castle you will hereby smash, and deliver the revenge of Slort!"
- Jake Senior picks up Ansabone's horn. But Jake Junior's brown-sleeved arm is seen instead of his father's red-sleeved jacket.
- Scottish castles do not have alligators or crocodiles swimming in their moats because the climate is much too cold.
|Previous Episode||Based on||Next Episode|
|A Cold Winter's Night||Dvd Order||Back To The Past|